How to Be Happy in 3 Simple Steps

Happiness really is just a thought away... ever heard the saying "happiness is a choice?" I'm sure you have, I had many times, but until I had the right tools and right mindset I wasn't able to believe or even consider that I could choose to just be happy.

Like many, I had the belief that material things, people and places would make me happy. Most often people will say things like "If I could only find a spouse and get married... that would make me happy" or "when I have a child, then I will be happy". Another one is "when I buy a home... then I will definitely be happy|.

What most people don't understand is that those things will most definitely bring instant gratification leading to a state of happiness or blissful moment, but they will not bring about inner peace and long lasting gratification which ultimately leads to complete and total happiness within!

We all have things in our lives that can bring us down, overwhelm and over work us leaving us feeling tired, drained and down right exhausted. Somedays, even for me it is a challenge to have happy thoughts and honestly it is easier to just give in and be miserable hahah. The difference for me now, is that I don't have to stay down and miserable for very long. Once you can recognize the thoughts that are causing you to feel overwhelmed you can easily switch them to positive, uplifting thoughts making you feel happy.

So here are 3 things you can do right now to find happiness.

1. Being GRATEFUL. Gratitude is one of the easiest and fastest ways to shift your thoughts. You may feel you have nothing to be grateful for right now in your life especially when you feel overwhelmed with bills, family and work, but we all have small things that we can start with like being grateful we have eyes to read this article. Before you start or end your day make a list of 5 things you are grateful for. I like to do this with my kids at night when we getting ready for bed.

2. Make a CONSCIOUS CHOICE to be happy. You may say to yourself... "well how do I do this when so much is going wrong in my life right now?". I answer this by saying, decide in the morning that today is going to be a great day!!! Say it out loud and declare it! Once you have the mindset for the day that nothing is going to upset or bring you down then nothing can or will. Here's an example of how I did this very thing today. I was getting the kids ready for school and rushing like usual and multitasking as most moms do, when the garbage bag dumped upside down all over the kitchen floor leaving apple skins and spaghetti everywhere! The old unhappy me would have said to myself " Great... this is all I need right now when I am in a hurry! This is how my day is going to start and this would have set the tone for the rest of my day to go wrong. Instead, the new happy me said " That's OK, it's only a minor setback to my day and I won't let it bring me down or upset me. Today is going to be a fantastic day!!! Recognizing negative thought patterns will soon become a habit and easier with time.

3. FORGIVENESS. Holding onto anger and resentment keeps you stuck in the past. Forgiveness brings you back to the present to enjoy the moment. When we are unable to forgive or let go we become victims and being a victim will not allow you to be happy. Write a letter to the people you need to forgive. They don't have to ever see it and you will never have to read to anyone..in fact you can burn it right after if you like! Write down all the things that they may have done to hurt you or upset you and then write " I forgive you!" You won't believe how this will free up your mind to have more positive, happy thoughts. Instead of dwelling on the past and all the things that they did wrong to you, you can focus on YOU!
These are just 3 easy steps that you can do today to start to feel and be happier!

Remember happiness is a thought away. Download a Free Ebook at http://www.happinesscanbeyours.com for more tips and tools on Health, Wealth and Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment